This is for our children...their children...and their children. This is for our family...this is for us!
Originally, this blog was my wife's, but I stole it since she stopped using it. So, now it will be a place for both of us to write and journal our experiences during this journey of getting healthy. For the both of us its more than just losing weight. Yes, we both want to be thin, but more importantly we want to be around for eachother and our children for a long, long time. We want t show our children that it just isn't okay to treat what He gave us so poorly...
We have stopped making excuses and are ready to face the challenge...are you?

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mission Slimpossible!

Second Tuesday of the month- technically it is a slimpossible day, yet no one was able to make it over except grandma Lani. When I weighed in I was 180.6, which is a 2 lbs weight loss in 2 weeks. 2 pounds in 2 weeks?! Are you kidding me. Ug. Its a little disappointing and discouraging. I did my measurements and was even +1 inch around my stomach = not good. I know that I am doing a lot of lifting but I thought I was suppose to lose inches. It is really kind of messing with my confidence and I need to make sure I stay in it. What are my goals? Lets start there.
First to be healthy. Healthy is such a generic term, how does one measure health. For me it's holistic: mind, body and spirit. My mental health is excellent at this point. I have had very, very little anxious thoughts and only a handful of moments where I thought I might have a panic attack (in the last 6 months). Considering I would have these "attacks" at least a handful of times PER week, going down to a handful in 6 months is awesome. Panic attacks have been something I have dealt with for about the last 6 years and the last 6 months have been a breeze.  I have been struggling with cravings lately and have been slightly less strict more recently, RE: candy on Sunday and banana skinny cookies today. I know that I can't live in a world where I am inflexible and moderation is important. Moderation is something I am still working on....Body: I have been consistent with the gym and I do love it. I am working more closely with the Kris Grethin workouts. Spirit: I am feeling connected with God and try to make space for Him in all moments of my life.
Based on the fact that I wrote the most about my mind, I am thinking this is where my deficit is. Must work on my mind.
Second goal is to get ripped. I've written about it many times- I want to show 'em that they can put their ______ in their _______.  But not just for them either. I have always wanted to look like one of those fitness models. Six pack, well defined biceps, strong defined legs. So really the motivation is two fold.
Jessica is doing very well in her weight loss, she is nearly in the 160s and is back in the gym hitting it hard. She completed her 5k in about 36 minutes today! Go Jessica!!!!
Today my workout at the gym was 45 minutes of the stairstepper. I had to hurry and make it to a meeting (I was working on my lunch break). This meant I needed to get some more exercise in once I got home. Turned on the Xbox360 and did 57 minutes of Just Dance 2. The silly thing said I burned 1900 calories. RRRRrrrriiiiigggghhhhtttt. My watch said I burned 300, based on my HR. Average was 110 which isn't very high at all. Jocey and Adey danced with me, they were very cute.
So that's it. We will have a Mission Slimpossible meeting in 2 weeks for the official weigh in.!

No comments:

Post a Comment