This is for our children...their children...and their children. This is for our family...this is for us!
Originally, this blog was my wife's, but I stole it since she stopped using it. So, now it will be a place for both of us to write and journal our experiences during this journey of getting healthy. For the both of us its more than just losing weight. Yes, we both want to be thin, but more importantly we want to be around for eachother and our children for a long, long time. We want t show our children that it just isn't okay to treat what He gave us so poorly...
We have stopped making excuses and are ready to face the challenge...are you?

Monday, July 9, 2012

New Computer! Back on Track!

Nearly a week since the last post; but we finally got a new computer and our internet all set up.  First we had to decide what type of laptop to get- Best Buy has a gazillion options. Last year when we bought the laptop  it had an embedded chip in it for internet but they don't make those anymore. So with a new laptop we had to decide if we were going to keep our current provider or get a new one.  New lap top, same internet provider and we are back up and running. Just in time for Jessica's next class to start.

Back to weight loss...

Last week we went camping from Tuesday to Friday. We only brought healthy foods (besides stuff for S'mores), and like last time the other folks we went with brought bags of chips, candy, and soda. I can say I didn't have even one chip the entire time. I did eat 5 red vines and 3 Twizzlers on night and each night I allowed myself one S'more. I also found the BEST way to make a S'more. Put peanut butter on the graham cracker! Holy crap- it was freaking awesome. I wanted to eat 10 of them- but I didn't. I also didn't get much exercise in- like none. Beyond taking the kids for walks around the campground and playing at the park there was zero formal exercise.
We returned home on Friday and I felt the NEED to go the gym. We got home, had lunch, put the girls down for nap (Jessica's sister was home) and took off to the gym. My weight was 177. The next morning 176. Then the weekend came. Saturday I ate 2 pieces of papa Murphy S'mores pizza and drank 4 beers...I also worked out twice on Saturday- one gym session and one insanity session. Woke up on Sunday- wieght was 182. Ugg. Sunday's workout was me digging half of the backyard up. I kept track of my HR with my watch and burned about 800 calories- and got a gnarly sunburn.
However, when I woke up this morning my weight was 181. I went to the gym on my lunch break and found myself out of my element. It was a back, bicep and abs day. I had a giant set and a super set planned, but because my gym only has one of each machine I couldn't get to them in the giant set style. I was so frustrated. I kept thinking about wanting a 24 hr fitness membership because they have a bunch of the same machines. But really, as I think back to it- I picked a bad time to go to the gym. I need to get there in the morning before the teenagers are there. So tomorrow is another day and I will pick another time!
I started counting my calories today because I am worried that I am slipping too much in the eating and justifying by saying that I am weight lifting. I consumed about 2560 calories today, which is a bit more than I would have normally had. Except I was So. So. Hungry.
We went to Walmart to get the kids a little swimming pool and I was pretty close to buying ice cream and even closer to stopping at the Sonic right by our house. Jessica cautioned- "I don't think that's a good idea."  Yes, she was right and I did not buy any ice cream.
I think my sweet tooth is out of control because of the sweets I have had. Must get it under control. Which probably means I need to completely cut sugar and be more strict with myself around sweets.
Update on the home front...we should be finding out very soon if we will have a bundle of joy in 9/10 months; Jessica has taken a gazillion tests but we are still 6 or 7 days out from when she is suppose to start..'hem' that time of the month. Fingers crossed.
So happy to be back! More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment