This is for our children...their children...and their children. This is for our family...this is for us!
Originally, this blog was my wife's, but I stole it since she stopped using it. So, now it will be a place for both of us to write and journal our experiences during this journey of getting healthy. For the both of us its more than just losing weight. Yes, we both want to be thin, but more importantly we want to be around for eachother and our children for a long, long time. We want t show our children that it just isn't okay to treat what He gave us so poorly...
We have stopped making excuses and are ready to face the challenge...are you?

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Aaannnddd...I'm back!

As you may have read from yesterday I was feeling out of it- I had a rough workout yesterday and have been a little bummed out about my weight. Today was a new day!  I got up early to hit the gym. I was able to get in there and complete my supersets! Today was shoulders and calves. I also hit a new shoulder press weight goal- 100 lbs! I did 10 reps at 100 # and dropped 30# to do another 10 reps x 3 = 60 reps.  I also kicked it up and changed it up for some of my cardio: 25 minutes of walking at 3.7 at a 12% incline and my 2nd round of cardio was on the stairstepper.  Tomorrow I will be running...Yep I said it. I am going to run for at least one of the cardio rounds. IT has to be done! I haven't done a run in about 3 weeks. I am a little nervous about it but I am feeling confident that I can do it.
Now that I feel like I'm back on track for the gym I am questioning my diet and eating. I have been so hungry. It makes me think about times when I didn't think about the consequences of what I was eating and I miss that. I certainly don't miss the consequences of that eating and I don't think there will ever be a time that I can consciously choose to disregard the consequences but I defiantly am noticing how much food affects my life and my thinking. It could be that I am hitting the wall after being so strict for the last 6 months. It will take me a bit of negotiating but I know I can overcome this road bump. It may be a little bumpy but I will make it.
Short but sweet. There isn't much more to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment