This is for our children...their children...and their children. This is for our family...this is for us!
Originally, this blog was my wife's, but I stole it since she stopped using it. So, now it will be a place for both of us to write and journal our experiences during this journey of getting healthy. For the both of us its more than just losing weight. Yes, we both want to be thin, but more importantly we want to be around for eachother and our children for a long, long time. We want t show our children that it just isn't okay to treat what He gave us so poorly...
We have stopped making excuses and are ready to face the challenge...are you?

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Running!

Muscle Progress; 7/1/12

Today is day 41 of my Kris Grethin training program- I am almost half way done! But lets recap yesterday's workout first. I was determined to run because I hadn't run in SO long. I hit the treadmill, put the incline up to 3% and set it for a 10 minute mile. I started running and felt a little rusty. I noticed my feet were hurting more than usual but otherwise I was feeling pretty good. My breathing was even throughout and as the run neared the end I was surprised that it went by so quickly; 2.25 miles completed. Directly after the run I went into strength training. Chest, Triceps and abs were my focus and let me tell you! Holy mac-n-cheese: I was dying by my superset.
 Here is what my workout consisted of: Chest, Triceps & Abs:

Superset:

Resume normal sets:




I am up to 50lb dumbbell bench and was able push out 115 lb barbell bench. I had to modify it slightly because my gym doesn't have a bench that will decline. I just did them on a flat bench. By the end of the workout I was beat! I didn't have time to do my second set of cardio- but when I got home I did a few rounds of pushups with my twins on my back (28 and 33 lbs).  Today there is no lifting, just cardio in the plan; but I am planning on doing extra ab work. My stomach area is the most concerning to me- I have some hanging skin and fat and I know if I want washboard abs I am going to have to spend a shit tone more time on developing my abs. My buddy, Jake, told be about Pallof Press and I am going to do 3 sets of this,  weighted crunches, reverse crunches and plank. I am also going to bring sprints back today. My hope is that if I return to high intensity cardio it will re-jump my fat loss. Everything I have been reading says you have to mix things up so your body doesn't get use to things. Should be good times.  (PS my weight is down to 178.8).


I didn't post last night because I spent about an hour getting my meals for the next two days ready....



I am very happy that I bought steak to add to the mix. Chicken and fish up to 5 times a day is getting a little...boring! 
News on the home front: it's not looking good for a baby- we are 11 days after IUI with nothing :( I told Jessica that I wont be without hope until aunt flo shows up.  There is actually a possibility that implantation hasn't happened yet (can be 12 days after IUI) and then it takes a few days for HCG levels to increase. SO...maybe we are just being impatient. *Fingers crossed*
Now that we have a computer I can finally get back to studying for my personal training certificate.  Downloaded the book yesterday and am going to make a reading plan up today to keep myself on track. Kinda bummed because I had the book on the other computer with highlights and notes.... I will do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment