This is for our children...their children...and their children. This is for our family...this is for us!
Originally, this blog was my wife's, but I stole it since she stopped using it. So, now it will be a place for both of us to write and journal our experiences during this journey of getting healthy. For the both of us its more than just losing weight. Yes, we both want to be thin, but more importantly we want to be around for eachother and our children for a long, long time. We want t show our children that it just isn't okay to treat what He gave us so poorly...
We have stopped making excuses and are ready to face the challenge...are you?

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Up and then Down

Ah, Saturday. Except I woke up today thinking it was Sunday, so imagine my double excitement that today is actually only Saturday. But letme give a little update about yesterday: workout consisted of 20 minute run, intense leg workout plus 20 minutes on the stairstepper. I was sweating buckets. Once I got home from work Jessica showed me what appears to be a positive pregnancy test! She went in for bloodwork yesterday because she got the positive and then started bleeding.  We checked her pregnancy journal from the girls and looks like she began bleeding on day 12 (past ovulation) with them too.  I was feeling unsure of the "positiveness" of the test. But she wanted to go to Red Robin to celebrate and I told her months ago we would once we got a positive. So to Red Robin we went. I got the tavern style ghost pepper burger (it's the smaller one). It had ghost pepper sauce and a mountain of jalapenos. Wow. It was spicy- but really good. I did eat the fries that came with and I felt like crap-o-la afterwords. I also drank a beer. It didn't reflect good things for me on the scale this morning...ug. Anyhow, Jessica is about to get up because she has to call the advice nurse to get the blood work results.  She took another test this morning but the line was even lighter than the one last night, plus much more bleeding- so...if we are PG then it is likely our little cells aren't going to stick.  :(  
Well, lets up this darn day gets better. If she has HCG in the bloodwork then she will go in tomorrow to get her levels checked again...if they are going up it is good news. If they are going down then it just wasn't meant to be.
On a different note, I checked out the training schedule for today- back and biceps. Should be a good since my last back and bicep day didn't work out too well for me. I'm going to try REALLY hard to eat like I do during the week day.  I have decided this is probably why I'm not losing weight. Not to mention I need to lay off the beer and any sweets. Must stay motivated, it's 7/14 and I want to be looking ripped in just 3 months! (So I can take the pics and get the calendar together!)
My cardio today will probably be walking hills because my legs are SO sore from yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment