This is for our children...their children...and their children. This is for our family...this is for us!
Originally, this blog was my wife's, but I stole it since she stopped using it. So, now it will be a place for both of us to write and journal our experiences during this journey of getting healthy. For the both of us its more than just losing weight. Yes, we both want to be thin, but more importantly we want to be around for eachother and our children for a long, long time. We want t show our children that it just isn't okay to treat what He gave us so poorly...
We have stopped making excuses and are ready to face the challenge...are you?

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Its been one looonnngggg night

I'll just get it over with...Jessica had a miscarriage.  He learned yesterday that she was indeed pregnant but she began having terrible cramps and pretty bad bleeding :(  We literally spent the night in the ER. (Left the house at 10, got back at 5:45). I am still awake because I knew that my precious Adey would be up at any moment and someone has to get up with her! Jessica is exhausted and still feels like crap.  And what do you know- it's 6:20 and I hear Adey talking on the baby monitor! This should be one hell of a fun day! 
Although I am sad about our loss, I also know that God has a plan for our family- this baby was not meant to walk with us.  I know when the time is right, He will bless us once again.  Jessica is pretty torn up about it, she keeps questioning every thing she has been doing for the last 2 weeks. I am just trying to reassure her and support her the best I can.
Anyhow, since I was up all night and brought zero food with me- I was sooo hungry and have been craving french toast. So when I got home I made myself 3 pieces of whole wheat french toast with sugar free maple syrup. I have eaten half of it and loved every.single.bite. Yum!
Prior to all the "fun" yesterday I went to the gym and hit my back and biceps pretty good. I was very happy since I had a rough back and bicep workout last week. I was able to do a 100 lb reverse grip pulldown and 100 lb bent over barbell row. And moved up to 25 lb dumbells for bicep isolation curls! It is so nice to see my strength literally improving. I continue to have difficulty with the spider curls- those are freaking hard as hell.
Back to today- I hope I will make it through the day without crashing! We had planned to go to Suivies island, however I think that will be a bit much for us- instead I will take the girls to a nearby blueberry patch to do first berry picking. This should be...also fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment