This is for our children...their children...and their children. This is for our family...this is for us!
Originally, this blog was my wife's, but I stole it since she stopped using it. So, now it will be a place for both of us to write and journal our experiences during this journey of getting healthy. For the both of us its more than just losing weight. Yes, we both want to be thin, but more importantly we want to be around for eachother and our children for a long, long time. We want t show our children that it just isn't okay to treat what He gave us so poorly...
We have stopped making excuses and are ready to face the challenge...are you?

Friday, August 3, 2012

Slacking on the Blog...

It's been a while since I last wrote- A lot has been happening so, I'll just start off with updates. This weekend I installed french doors (replaced the sliding glass door which was broken) with a friend of mine, Jake. We took a few trips to Lowes, but in the end got about 90% done! Not bad for a newbie. Monday was a busy day- work, workout, then grocery store after we put the girls to bed. Oh, and an at home insemination!  Jessica had + ovulation tests on Saturday and Sunday, so Monday- with in 2 hours- we had gone and gotten what we needed to do it at home and BAM! We tried at home. We have never tried without going to the doctors office, so if we get a positive I will be SO excited.  I'm nervous that we missed the window, but Jess was feeling cramping all morning on Monday and has been having the same type of symptoms as lost month. So, lets just hope this little one sticks!
Tuesday I decided to run at the gym. I did  3 minutes easy running, 1 minute sprinting, following by 3 minutes easy running and 2 minutes fast walk- then repeated it 3x. Tuesday was a leg workout and boy! Did I feel it. Wednesday was a back and chest- I did a few decline exercises because I am trying to develop my lower pec. It was a KILLER day. I mean I was toast after. I hit a personal best of 65# dumbbells for my flat bench press. IT was awesome!
Thursday was a full rest day- Adey had her development assessment (4 hours). All the doctors put her at about an 18 month functioning level (she is almost 3 years old). We kinda figured this is where she was. And the best diagnosis they could provide was Cognitive Disorder NOS/Due to a general medical condition.  We did get the go ahead from the geneticist to get a genetic test- just to be sure she doesn't have a genetic disorder that could be the under all of this and explain her symptoms more.  It will take about a month after we take her in for blood tests to see.  I really don't think it is genetic, because she doesn't have really any outward sign.  Generally with genetic disorders there are characteristics in the physical presentation which gives clues. Adey doesn't have any the doctors can see. But hey, it's more information and worth a go.
Today is Friday. I am writing this before I head off to work out and then I will hit the gym at lunch or after work. It's a bicep day and given that we are doing the DTP (Dramatic Transformation Principal) I can only imagine it will be a killer. DTP means I end up doing like 200 reps of an exercise. The first rep set is 50 with a light weight, 2nd is 40 with a slightly heavier weight, 3rd is 30 with a slightly heavier weight and so on until your at 10 reps with heavy weights. And then you do it again but build your way up to 50 reps.  Should be fun times.
This weekend we will be heading out to do a night of camping (I kinda hate 1 nighters, but we already said we would)... We are going to Three Pools which was a favorite before we had the little ones. I think it will be a nightmare with toddlers. But we will see. It's only one night, right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment