This is for our children...their children...and their children. This is for our family...this is for us!
Originally, this blog was my wife's, but I stole it since she stopped using it. So, now it will be a place for both of us to write and journal our experiences during this journey of getting healthy. For the both of us its more than just losing weight. Yes, we both want to be thin, but more importantly we want to be around for eachother and our children for a long, long time. We want t show our children that it just isn't okay to treat what He gave us so poorly...
We have stopped making excuses and are ready to face the challenge...are you?

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday Update

The last few days have been a bit of a blurrrr...Sunday we woke up early and gathered all of our things and headed back to Oregon-back home. It was a long 5.5 hr drive home. Once home we unpacked and I got in a meal that I had in the fridge.  After the girls went to bed, Jessica and I headed to Lowes to see about getting the french doors (to replace the sliding glass door). I decided because I had eaten SO well over the weekend (and my return weight was 176) that I could have ice cream, guilt free. So we headed to Sonic.  It was pretty good, but nothing like Cold Stone or DQ. If only I had I known how my body was going to react to the ice cream...Lets just say from Sunday night to this morning I felt TERRIBLE. In and out of the bathroom. Puking and other things- seriously not good. I went to work yesterday and I knew it was going to be rough when I could barely get down my oatmeal.
Yesterday I managed to eat the oatmeal, one of my pre-made meals, a box of redvines and a few slices of watermelon.  (Redvines and watermelon are my "go-to when sick" things to eat because they don't taste terrible coming back up).  I tried to go to the gym yesterday and managed about 3 minutes on the treadmill before I knew it wasn't going happen. I was nauseous and ready to collapse. I came home and took a small nap before having to head out for a last appointment. Then I came home and slept. Jessica made a zucchini pie (we have SO many zucchini in our garden) and I couldn't even stand the smell of it.
Anyhow, I woke up this morning feeling MUCH better but still could only get down oatmeal for breakfast. Then...I forgot to grab my food bag, so I had zero food until I had a bit of time to run to the store and grab a protein bar. Then I headed to the gym for a back and bicep day. I felt pretty weak given that I had only eating oatmeal and a protein bar all day. I had a giant set- pull up, row and lat pull down and couldn't do all the pull ups by the second set (I could only do 6 of 15 for the second and third set). but did manage to keep things up for the row and lat pull down. I killed it on the biceps but I am pretty sure I could have gone heavier though I didn't feel I had the energy to sustain going heavy, heavy. 
I am looking forward to being fully back tomorrow. I will not forget my food and I am going to try a new recipe for breakfast- egg white and oatmeal pancake. Yum (hopefully).
My weight this morning was down to 173.9, but this is probably due to the fact that I didn't eat yesterday.  I weighed myself after dinner and I was 175. I will probably make my way back to 176 or 177 by bed with the water and protein shake before bed. Maybe I will sustain a net loss and be 174 tomorrow.
Jessica has started to run during the babies nap time. She has found that she is SO tired and grumpy from not working out.  We borrowed our friend's treadmill and she has done running for the last two days. She said she feels SO much better, feels like her clothes are fitting better, just two days back in it!  I am happy she is taking time out to do this- I think it will help her handle the stress of having 3 toddlers, a 7 year old and 11 year old around all day. I know I'd go nutz.

No comments:

Post a Comment