This is for our children...their children...and their children. This is for our family...this is for us!
Originally, this blog was my wife's, but I stole it since she stopped using it. So, now it will be a place for both of us to write and journal our experiences during this journey of getting healthy. For the both of us its more than just losing weight. Yes, we both want to be thin, but more importantly we want to be around for eachother and our children for a long, long time. We want t show our children that it just isn't okay to treat what He gave us so poorly...
We have stopped making excuses and are ready to face the challenge...are you?

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Vacation! And a bit of Work...

I tried to post before we left for WA but it wouldn't for some reason. This weekend we are in Kennewick, WA to celebrate Jessica's cousin's 2nd birthday. It is the first birthday he is able to spend with his dad and this side of the family.
The plan was to have a BBQ, pretty much all day, and then drink in the evening. As far as food goes, I have been doing excellent. There have been temptations all over the place- chips, cupcakes, candy- I have managed to not eat a single chip, cupcake or piece of candy! For breakfast I ate oatmeal and 2 slices of whole wheat break with peanut butter, snack was a Pure Protein bar (we were at the store and I was draggin' ass), lunch was 2 hot dogs (no bun), veggies and watermelon. Dinner was 2 grilled chicken breasts and corn on the cob. I have managed to put down 5 beers (currently on my 5th as I write this...) throughout the day- but I'm not mad about it because I have done very well on my eating.
Exercise has been a little tough since being out of town (Friday I was out of town for work). I did every Insanity exercise I could think of for 20 minutes on both Thursday and Friday. Today is a day off from formal exercise- I did go to the driving range for about 45 minutes and manage to work up a sweat though.  I will be very curious to see what my weight is when we get home tomorrow (there is no scale at the house we are staying at)!  When I left, I think, my weight was at 178.9; Yesterday I was feeling like maybe I was less than that, but after all the beer I have had today...I'm not so sure of that.
The kids played ALL day in the little kiddie pools and with the water toys- this was them at nap time:

Photo: Jocey cried at nap time, "I want to sleep with my sister!" my sweet, sweet babies. Melts mommys heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment