This is for our children...their children...and their children. This is for our family...this is for us!
Originally, this blog was my wife's, but I stole it since she stopped using it. So, now it will be a place for both of us to write and journal our experiences during this journey of getting healthy. For the both of us its more than just losing weight. Yes, we both want to be thin, but more importantly we want to be around for eachother and our children for a long, long time. We want t show our children that it just isn't okay to treat what He gave us so poorly...
We have stopped making excuses and are ready to face the challenge...are you?

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Am I skinny?

...A question I have been asking myself lately.  According to my medical records I am still "over weight" but...I sometimes I don't feel over weight. Yes sometimes I look in the mirror and see a chubby person, sometimes I see person with muscles, never have I seen a skinny person (not yet)- or have I? I'm not terribly attached to the BMI to determine how I view myself- so lets just through that out right now. I don't know how I would get down to the 150's (at this point)- to be the in normal range.  I bought new jeans a few months back- size 34 and have been noticing how they are falling off me. Today I went to try on jeans and found that I actually fit into size 30. I wouldn't buy the 30's yet, because they were a bit tight but the 32's would clearly be to big in a matter of weeks (if I keep this up!).
What defines skinny? Do I even care about skinny/can I be skinny and hella buff? I dont think those two go together?

No comments:

Post a Comment