This is for our children...their children...and their children. This is for our family...this is for us!
Originally, this blog was my wife's, but I stole it since she stopped using it. So, now it will be a place for both of us to write and journal our experiences during this journey of getting healthy. For the both of us its more than just losing weight. Yes, we both want to be thin, but more importantly we want to be around for eachother and our children for a long, long time. We want t show our children that it just isn't okay to treat what He gave us so poorly...
We have stopped making excuses and are ready to face the challenge...are you?

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Some things...


Okay. So, I am entirely terrible at updating the blog. So, here is the scoop since the last post. Completed the first 12 week transformation, took 1 week off, started the 12 week program again- but got to week 2 and my gym closed for annual maintenance- for 2 entire weeks. UG. I, decided to take the 2 weeks off of the gym, because there really wasn't any options. So, it was Insanity workouts for me. My feet really took a beating. But I made it through. I turned 29 and had a blast at my party (my wife threw me a good one!) I drank waaayyyy too much.
Then the gym re-opened and I started back at week 1. The above pictures are from today, I have been back to the gym for 2 weeks and am on week 3 of the transformation (I haven't take the same days off as Kris) and am training every body part 1x every 5 days. I feel pretty good about the results. I am about to dumbbell bench press of 140 lbs (2 sets of 8), barbell bench of 170 lbs (2 sets of 8, with a 3rd set at 4). Military shoulder press of 130 lbs and dumbbell rows with 50s. I am pretty sure I started off with a bench of 80 lbs and military press of 70 lbs.
I think my body fat is actually about 18-22%. My goal is 8-12%, so my abs will finally show up. I know they are under there, but I've still got a layer of fat over 'em.  Eating still pretty much the same- oatmeal pancake, 3 pre-made meals, post workout shake, dinner, and cottage cheese before bed. Except, I almost always fail on the eating at night. I am always SO hungry at night, even if I eat more during the day. I really gotta get that under control, not that I am gaining weight but I will go between 173-176/8 depending on what I have eaten. (Its usually peanut butter. I am obsessed with peanut butter).
Anyhow, that's the update. I'm really going to try to write more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment