This is for our children...their children...and their children. This is for our family...this is for us!
Originally, this blog was my wife's, but I stole it since she stopped using it. So, now it will be a place for both of us to write and journal our experiences during this journey of getting healthy. For the both of us its more than just losing weight. Yes, we both want to be thin, but more importantly we want to be around for eachother and our children for a long, long time. We want t show our children that it just isn't okay to treat what He gave us so poorly...
We have stopped making excuses and are ready to face the challenge...are you?

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Gethin Program Update/Abs Challenge

Its been about 3-4 weeks for the second time around. I have mostly been on track food wise- I had an 8 day stretch of no peanut butter and no eating after dinner (except cottage cheese and protein shake before bed).  I did have a total fail last Friday where I ate peanut butter. Then it was a tough weekend. We went to my mom's and I ate otter pops.  We also went to a birthday party but I managed to stay away from the cake and other goodies, choosing to have a protein shake instead.
I did however have a PR. I went to my mom's gym (no weights) and ran on the treadmill. I ran at an easy pace for about 10 minutes. Then I had a crazy idea to see how fast I could run a mile. (Drum-roll Please....) 6:31! I couldn't have kept that pace up, but I finished strong. I have been doing a mix between low inpact cardio and HIIT. My hope is that it will shock my body and continue burning fat.
Last week in a matter of 4 days I went from 174 down to 170.6, then somehow on Friday morning I work up and was 175. I know I didn't eat 14,000 calories. I wonder if it has something to do with my creatine intake (I had been taking it religiously for the last 8 days). I started this week off at 173.8. I am keeping my sights on my target: Abs.
Yeah, my buddy Jake challenged me to see who could have the best looking abs by Christmas. I, after some debate, took him up on the challenge as a way to help keep me focused. He definitely has a head start since you can actually see his  top "4 pack" and I only see the top 2. But, I think I am sitting at about 16-17% body fat and I think it is reasonable to believe that I can loose 6 or so % to get the silhouette of my abs.  The thinner I get, the harder it is to loose weight. I feel like I've been in the 170s for months...I am, though, seeing definition in all the major muscles though. My favorite is the shoulder area. I'll have to post a picture soon.
Well, until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment