This is for our children...their children...and their children. This is for our family...this is for us!
Originally, this blog was my wife's, but I stole it since she stopped using it. So, now it will be a place for both of us to write and journal our experiences during this journey of getting healthy. For the both of us its more than just losing weight. Yes, we both want to be thin, but more importantly we want to be around for eachother and our children for a long, long time. We want t show our children that it just isn't okay to treat what He gave us so poorly...
We have stopped making excuses and are ready to face the challenge...are you?

Monday, March 25, 2013

Back on Track?

A little update. Jessica and I are (mostly) back on track...Jessica much more so than myself. She has lost over 8 inches in 3 weeks and 10lbs. She is even RUNNING. She ran a mile in 11 minutes last week and completed 5K in about 37 minutes. I am so proud of her dedication and drive!
I, have been slacking a bit on the gym. Not because I don't want to but because both of our cars are broke down and I have been trying to fix them.  My old Honda (well new to me because we bought it at an auction) had a crack in the cylinder head. Got a new cylinder head, put it all back together and it's still smoking like it was before (not as bad as before, but still not great). The Subaru we bought, also at an auction, has bad head gaskets (hopefully not cracked cylinder heads). I've gotten all the way to the head but now I can't seem to get the head bolts off. One think after another. ugh.
I also have not been eating clean on the weekends- AT ALL. But I have managed to keep my weight consistent at 174.4 lbs.  I recently bought a new-to-me pair of slacks (CK) in size 32 and they fit so well- not even tight.  So, I'll take it.
I'm hoping I can get back to working out daily this week and still manage to figure out how to get the bolts off. Lord help me on that last one! My hands hurt so much from all the gripping and finger work for the car. Last night it took me 30 minutes to get one of the bolts off of the head cover because of where it was located. One bolt!? And I spent 2 hrs trying to get one of the head bolts off.
This picture is from this morning- had an interview for a promotion. I am not the most qualified person, perhaps, but I gave good answers to all of the questions and hope I have a chance at a second. But if not, at least I was offered an interview.
Our girls are getting so big, all of them. Our 12 year old, who thinks she is 16 has been seeming more grown up to me and our 3 year olds are, are, are testing my sanity- daily.  But I think if I wasn't questioning it then something would be wrong. They are curious, one asks a million questions-or rather- a question a million times and the other loves to destroy things. That kid can rearrange any room in 2 seconds. But Adey has been doing such a great job communicating lately. It seems like she is able to tell us what she is wanting most of the time. Today Jocey sounded out 3 words- cat, hat and bat! 

Oh, how time goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment