This is for our children...their children...and their children. This is for our family...this is for us!
Originally, this blog was my wife's, but I stole it since she stopped using it. So, now it will be a place for both of us to write and journal our experiences during this journey of getting healthy. For the both of us its more than just losing weight. Yes, we both want to be thin, but more importantly we want to be around for eachother and our children for a long, long time. We want t show our children that it just isn't okay to treat what He gave us so poorly...
We have stopped making excuses and are ready to face the challenge...are you?

Monday, February 11, 2013

Dabblings in Paleo

Goodness, I am really no good at this keeping the blog updated thing. But I will continue...
Yesterday officially ended my total GF (Gluten Free) experement. After discussing things with my wife and figuring out what is best for our family, being entirely GF isn't an option at this point. So, my goal is to be about 80% GF.  Meaning I'm not going to eat Gluten foods for my lunches/snacks (I make those myself). I am probably going to incorperate slightly more carbs into my diet with more fruits. Last week I did a fantastic job of not eating after dinner (cept my before bed protein shake). Wt got back down to 172.6 but by the end of the weekend I was 174.0. I continue to hover around this weight and continue to be frustrated. I wonder if I am eating enough, eating too much, not eating the right stuff...And then I have to remember that I have lost 65lbs and am a work in progress. I am working on building my body and there are pros and cons to this approach vs. focus on weight loss no matter what is lost (muscle or fat).
First, I know that I am gaining muscle mass- I can clearly see it in my physique.  My shoulders are gettting more defined, as is my chest in biceps. Second, I also know that I am losing (slowly) body fat. It took years for me to put the fat on and clearly it will take me some time to get it off.  I would estimate that my BF is sitting around 18-20%. The machine at FredMeyers (uses electric pulses through the hands) told me my BF was 8.7%. I just had to laugh- if that were the case I would be RIPPED.
My goals this week are to consume around 1800 calories per day. About 40-60g of fat (540 calories), 200g of protein (800 calories) and about 100-120g  (480 calories). Not to eat beyond dinner except my protein shake before bed and to drink about 1.5 gals of water each day.
Ready, Set, GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment