This is for our children...their children...and their children. This is for our family...this is for us!
Originally, this blog was my wife's, but I stole it since she stopped using it. So, now it will be a place for both of us to write and journal our experiences during this journey of getting healthy. For the both of us its more than just losing weight. Yes, we both want to be thin, but more importantly we want to be around for eachother and our children for a long, long time. We want t show our children that it just isn't okay to treat what He gave us so poorly...
We have stopped making excuses and are ready to face the challenge...are you?

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl!

I'm totally excited for super bowl today and because I took off so many days earlier this week (Adey was in the hospital due to a gnarly seizure) I intend on going for a run today. THe weather was REALLY nice yesterday, I almost thou But ght it was SPring.
 Yesterday was a leg day and a little bball with Jake. his watch thing told him he burn 850+ calories, so I must have burned something close to that.  i completed 165 squats using a pyramid, working my way up tp 275# for my final two reps.  My buddy Paul has me on a kick to see how heavy I can go? I've been smashing personal bests week after week because he literally tells be what I'm doing isnt enough, then Sean (Jessica's brother) joined thr gym and started pushing me too.  Now when I dont go with them I imagine what they would say about the weight...should i push myself? It is fun to learn what my limits are for sure.   Currently my bests are as follows: bench press 170 (my weakest lift by far), squat @275 and deadlift @ 290. Completed 290 this last week and my back really felt it (I do striaght legged DL's).
My goals this year are to achieve that shredded status Ihave been working for- even if it is for a short time and then to increase my strength and doba clean bulk this coming winter. In 2014 I would like to compete in a bodybuilding compettion.  Not sure if that is entirely possible given thatbI work full time, have a family and such, but we can just see how that goes!
No clue whats on the menu for the afternoon... Only time will tell I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment